Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Day of Kindergarten and a Dead Battery!


 Today was Steven's 1st day of Kindergarten and I was determined to have everything ready to go the night before. 1st day of school outfit...check! Lunch made...check! Requested school supplies from teacher...check! Steven's morning was going to run smoothly, as well as mine. I was already emotional about all the things that Steven was going to be expected to do on his own this year, so I was a little nervous too. Steve had left for work and I took Steven to the bus stop in front of the house this morning just to speak with the bus driver face to face letting her know that that Steven would be on the bus this afternoon and that he would be getting off the bus at Mimi's (babysitter). Steven was in the car in his pajama's, I was still not dressed, because..well...I had done everything the night before...We had time to spare...right....WRONG!!!!! As soon as I got back in the car from speaking with his bus driver, the only noise I heard was a continuous clicking coming from under the hood of my car. Steven gave me this look and then said to me "Well..I guess I will be going to Mimi's today". I picked him up (since he had no shoes on) locked my car with the sound of a dying alarm, and we walked back home. Inside I was pulling my hair out and saying to myself "WHAT THE F**K..WHY TODAY"....but I knew I could not freak out because then Steven would get upset and I did not want that. When I got back inside I called Steve and he was going to have one of his co-workers who was leaving the fire station come and rescue me, but his co-worker had just woke up and I did not know when he was going to make it. I decided at that point to call Steven's babysitter and see if they would be able to come and give me a "jump" and thank goodness they were. This was a blessing and I became very thankful. Even with all that I had just been through I felt lucky at the same time. I quickly got dressed, got Steven dressed, combed his hair, took his 1st day of school pictures, and we were off AND ON TIME! I walked Steven to his classroom, introduced him to his teacher and hung out for about 30 min until class was officially starting. When I got in the car I felt like it should have been 5:00p.m. and ready to be done for the day, but I was now on my way to work. Another blessing was that my co-workers were very supportive and were able to train this morning until I got there. I picked Steven up at his babysitters after school and found out that Steven fell asleep on the bus this afternoon he was so tired. In Steven's words his 1st day of Kindergarten was "AWESOME". Well...I am still here, breathing and looking forward to putting this baby to bed.

YOU HAVE GOT TO CHECK OUT A VIDEO OF STEVEN DUNKING AN OREO BY CLICKING ON THE TITLE TO THIS POST...HILARIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment