Sunday, August 8, 2010

My 34th Birthday at Cedar Key


This year as a birthday present, Steve took me to Cedar Key, Fl for my birthday on Friday, July 30th. My birthday was on a Wednesday this year and I was working so Steve decided to take me away the weekend after. Even with all that, Steve grilled me my favorite for my birthday...a big fat STEAK..bloody and right off the cow....ummmmmm....a little A-1 sauce and it was heaven for me. He also got a Reese's Cheesecake and he and Steven sang Happy Birthday. Little Steven had just finished summer school and had spent NO time at his babysitters (Mimi and Paw Paw) and they had really been missing him so Steven spent the weekend at "Mimi's" swimming, eating her delicious cooking, and playing a number of games on the "Wii",  and "PlayStation 2"....what a life huh :) Meanwhile, Steve and I went to Cedar Key for two days and two nights....ahhhhhhh....no plans, no worries, just time to breathe and relax. We had a balcony with the Gulf directly underneath us (no oil), a pool, and a small variety of fresh seafood restaurants to choose from. We spent that Saturday going to all the little shops (in the small town on the water behind us in the picture), and then spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool. We had a full kitchen in our room, and a grill by the pool so Steve grilled out for dinner that night and while enjoying the beautiful view from our room, I cooked fresh okra, stewed tomatoes, and rice while watching "Notting Hill" with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. After a wonderful dinner (and desert too) we went to a local bar on the water that had an awesome one man show. His name is "Steve Champagne" with "A Shining Star Production". With an entire band set up (drums, guitar, keyboard, etc) he did it all alone. Steve and I sat there for hours listening to him. He was very animated...had his own props that he would incorporate into the performance, and was VERY engaging with the audience. There were actually people standing outside the restaurant on the street that had decided to stay and listen as well. I got his card with the hope that maybe sometime in the future we can have him at the house for a get together. His website is http://www.ashiningstarproduction.com/ and he seems VERY reasonable. The next morning Steve had to get up early to be at work and I headed out to pick up my little Steven from mimi's.  The next week was going to be a tough one.

If you click on the title to this blog it will take you to the "Cedar Key Chamber of Commerce" where you can see lots of pictures of Cedar Key, lodging, restaurants, and history...very cool.

Also, there is a link on the right side of my post that will take you to view ALL of my pictures from this trip..enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment