Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trenton, to Gainesville, to Trenton, to Gainesville, and finally home!

I spent my Sunday at the office reviewing a current open protective services case and Steven and my husband spent the day at the springs. I knew that Steven was excited and I was happy to be able to get this work done. Upon my arrival home Steven and daddy shared with me their day at the springs and how Steven swam like a fish. That night Steven could not stop rubbing his eyes. I thought for sure he was just exhausted from his long day of swimming. Steven woke up the next morning and picked up where he left off with his eye rubbing, but again I thought to myself "It is just a morning thing". Well, about two hours after arriving at work in downtown Gainesville, his summer school teacher in Trenton (an hour away) called and told me that Steven's eyes are bloodshot and swollen. At that point I knew something was going on. I called the Dr's office and made an appointment. I was positive that it was allergies, but I still wanted the Dr. to be the one to tell me that. So I drove back to Trenton and picked him up, and then drove back to Gainesville to take Steven to the Dr. Well...it is a good thing that I got him there because his eye rubbing was occurring due to a bacterial infection. Steven got put on eye drops 3 times a day and was not allowed any contact with the children in his summer school class for 24 hours. So needless to say, yesterday was a LONG day, but no more eye rubbing! Oh...my car hit over the 100,000 mile mark as well....wooo hooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment