Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Camping and UF Women's Football Clinic


Whew...what a weekend.....camping, football, and lots of bug bites! As soon as Steve came home from work on Friday, June 4th we loaded up the truck and took off to Manatee Springs for a weekend of camping. We were ready. We set up camp, got the tent sprayed with "Rain Guard" and we went to the springs to cool off...ahhhhhh. Let me just say that we have a water bug. Little Steven is swimming like a fish. He was having so much fun...and dad...well...lets just say he is the best. He would put Steven on his back and swim all the way across the spring and back with him. Of course Steven did not want to stay on his back because he can do it himself, and dad would let him, but boy he was right there ready to bring him in close when he would get tired. We went back to camp and were surrounded the entire time by deer. It was awesome! They would come walking right up to our camp site. Saturday morning I woke up at 6am, took a shower, and was at Florida Field by 8:00am. I must say that doing this UF Football Women's Clinic was one of the most awesome things I have even done! All the UF coaches were there doing drills with us at 8 different stations. We then took a tour of the weight room, locker room, and and got to run out of the tunnel into the SWAMP! I then headed back to the springs to be with my family and to thank my husband over and over for allowing me this day...just another gift from God.

If you click on the title to this post you can view a video of me running out of the tunnel into the SWAMP on YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment