Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Disney Holiday


Whew...let me catch my breath. Thanksgiving at my moms in St. Augustine and then 3 days at Disney. Thanksgiving this year was one for the books. We started off at my mom's in St. Augustine on Tuesday evening after Steven's Thanksgiving feast in his Kindergarten class on Tuesday. I was asked to bring in the turkey so thankfully (no pun intended) I found an 11 lb cooked smoked turkey that just needed heated. I had already asked Tuesday off with the intention of leaving that morning to my moms so it worked out perfectly where I could go to school and help out ALL day with the festivities, and Steve was able to heat up the turkey and bring to the school when the feast started (I have not uploaded those pictures yet but will). Steve showed up and carved the turkey and we all sat and listened to Steven's kindergarten class sing a few thanksgiving songs. We then had a hearty meal and took off to my mom's around 2:30. Thanksgiving was easy this year. We decided to order EVERYTHING from Publix (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and desert) so all it needed was heated. We then left for Orlando on Friday morning. 1st was Epcot. We hit "SOARIN" 1st and waited 130 min, but well worth it. By the time we got done with "SOARIN" it was raining and we had to buy poncho's. We hit a few more rides and then left for "Wilderness Lodge" (click on title of  blog to take you to Wilderness Lodge website). We were beat and ready for bed. The next morning we hit Disney, and hit it hard. We came back that afternoon for a snooze and went back for an evening visit. We had a blast. While on the race cars I was driving my own car and the steering wheel completely came out. My car was throwing me from side to side so much that I have a sore spot on my spine. They offered to put us in a new car and we were able to go around the track a 2nd time. Steven thought this was the coolest thing ever. We then watched the "Dance In the Streets" Disney parade where you get to actually get in the street and dance with the characters. As soon as the parade was over, they have the lighting ceremony at the castle for the holidays. It was beautiful. I don't think I will EVER get tired of Disney! It was a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment